The head of the Australian Medical Association helped launch a new report this morning from the Academy of Science about climate change and health. I ended up at the event in Parliament House. Lots of good, important stuff that we already knew about what we should already be doing. I asked about how the medical community might lead, given the British Medical Association has already divested from fossil fuels. The head of the AMA went on an extended response to another question. This was the only time we heard anything about power, fossil fuels and moral leadership. If you talk about climate and you don’t frame it in these terms, you’re just fiddling around the edges.
- Health, Science and Continuing to Answer the Wrong Questions
- Students will pay more for research – they already are.
- “Art is a waste of time” – second affirmative, at Art Not Apart debate
- How dereg could be “the worst of both worlds”
- Letter to AFR on its coverage of Alan Oxley, divestment – unpublished